Learn how the Interferometric Displacement Sensor (IDS) Option for Asylum Research Cypher AFMs "Quantifies the Last Axis"
Quantitative, calibration-free deflection measurements eliminate key artifacts and improve reproducibility of PFM and dynamic measurement modes
Improved measurement reproducibility for electromechanical response in piezo- and ferro- electric materials
- Electromechanical measurements are free of frequency-dependent artifacts
- Correctly measures 180° phase shift across oppositely polarized domains
Accurate Spring Constant Calibration
- Accurately measures the spring constant of any eigenmode up to 2.5 MHz.
- Does not require any assumptions or measurements of cantilever mode shapes because the IDS sensitivity requires no calibration
Cantilever Mode Shape Mapping
- Allows direct measurement of cantilever modes shapes in any medium
- Unlike modeling, mode mapping with the IDS does not require any assumptions about the cantilever shape and properties